...I'm alive, relatively well, and just, really, really busy.
I honestly don't FEEL that busy, but, as it was pointed out to me the other day, I've had very little time to take down time for the past few months, so I guess I'm way busier than I feel.
Did that last part make any sense? Oh well.
Anyway, since I'm so busy, I'll hit the highlights for you until I can get to a "real" post.
Yes, I am going to make a list. I like lists. Lists are good.
Here we go:
1. Our AC is broken, and it was 92 degrees INSIDE when I got home this evening.
2. I'm thisclose to meeting my goal of knitting 25 items for a4A to donate via my LYS...I'm at 24, with one hat on the needles...
3. It's really, really, really effing hot up in this house, yo.
4. B and I are going to DragonCon. SO EXCITED. For those of you who don't know what DragonCon is, I suggest you start here. We've never been, and we are both fully geeking out in nerdy excitement.
5. DUDE IT IS 85 DEGREES INSIDE MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW. I've taken three cold showers since I came home and currently have two fans blowing directly on me. Still hot.
6. Last night while grilling dinner, I tripped on my flip flop somehow and fell full force, face down, onto our lovely but sharp brick patio pavers. Um, OWIE. I'm pretty banged up, but hey, I didn't break anything.
7. Look to your left. See that Twitter thingie on the sidebar? Yup. I'm a full on Twitter fiend now. So addicting. I'm here.
8. DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN PLEASE SEND A FREAK BLIZZARD TO MY LIVING ROOM BECAUSE IT IS RIDICULOUSLY HOT IN HERE.
9. Nina and Cricket moved out last weekend. It was bittersweet. They still live here in town, so it's not like I will never see them, but I sure miss that little dog greeting me at the door.
10. SB 82 rocked out last Friday. It was awesome, I drank a lot of pear cider (on tap! YAY!) and got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a few months since, yeah, busy and all that.
And a bonus #11: I'm starting Christmas knitting as soon as that last a4A hat is cast off. I may have to squeeze in a selfish knit first though...any suggestions?
Be back soon, with pictures, knitting, and hopefully working AC.